Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2007

The good side of Islam

The Kamikaze attack on 9/11/01 woke me to the fact that we are seeing repeated suicide attack for only the 2nd time in all of recorded history. As you know, the 1st occurrence was during the war between the U.S. and Japan. (1941-45) Knowing that war as well as I do, I realized that I needed to study Islam.
Everyone is subject to your own prejudices. I wanted to attempt to get an even view, so I decided to begin by selecting material that was pro-Islam, anti-Islam and neutral. The neutral one was the most difficult. I found some material published by a theologian who had participated in some meetings of his peers from other religions who had discussed the differences between them. Over the past 6 years, I have read 7 or 8 books supportive of Islam, and another 5 or 6 that are critical of Islam. Plus numerous articles in magazines and newspapers.
The pro-Islamic views are basically stories of Mohammed’s life. How he was persecuted for all of those years. How he could not read or write. He visited a cave and 30 days later he emerged and could read and write. How he took care of the wives and children of men who had been killed in battle. Even his enemies wives and children. Many wonderful lessons like the parables in the Bible. Basically, good stories of how you should lead your life. How the Koran is said to be inspiring when read or sung. From a citizen of the United States point of view, the good side of Islam. A good site to check out is: www.sultan.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment