Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Democrats are surrendering?

I heard and watched James Carville On CNN last night (7/26/11) say that the Democrats were attempting to surrender and the Republicans were refusing to accept. A moment later, he claimed that Democrats were getting a positive polling percentage of 60-40 or 70-30 on the debt issue. (I don’t doubt, but this is unconfirmed) If this is true, why would he claim his side to be surrendering when they held all the cards? They would be raising the bet, not folding or surrendering.

I did not believe that President Obama was signaling any surrender in last night’s national address. I saw him attempting to plead his case. Like the attorney that he is with plenty of fight left in him.

Hey! I have an idea! Let us pass a law that balances the budget by reducing the spending of the United States federal government and no new taxes. They can figure out what the bill says after it becomes law. For me, this debt issue is backlash for the passage of health Care. I am probably not alone.

No wonder I have never seen my country so badly divided. This is even worse than Vietnam. And this is on President Obama’s watch. Some moderate who is ‘reaching across the aisle’.

This is one reason why I believe that the Republic is in danger like we have not seen since the U.S. Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment