Followers

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fallout from current fighting in Iraq

I usually try to avoid politics, but I have read that the Iraqi government may propose legislation that will prevent a militia from admitting candidates for running for public office. This would be an important political step forward. My focus is warfare and politics is NOT my strength. However, I can only imagine the difficulties present if armed groups were allowed to run for public office in the United States.

As much as most people do not want war, warfare does resolve issues. Sometimes these issues have no political resolution. I like to use the example of slavery in the United States. The war in Iraq is resolving these types of issues. One additional problem is that Iraq has so many of these types of issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment