Followers

Friday, May 25, 2012

Emergency may still be a ways off

The past couple of posts have dealt with emergency response to disaster. It is always wise to have extra resources and planning in case of emergency. I have posted this stuff because I believe that a major disaster is in our future. The problem is figuring out how far off. My study of warfare has led me to believe that major conflicts crop up from time to time. It has been close to 70 years since the end of World War II and the world is due. It could still be 10 or 15 years off, who knows? I also believe that Islamic nationalists will eventually obtain WMD and deploy them. This could also be 10 years away. 9/11 was a mistake for Islamic terrorism. They made their move too quickly. They should have waited. They may not make this mistake again. Then we have the economic situation. History has shown that most wars are basically economic. Some is taking something from someone else by force. It could just be a struggle for scarce resources, like any argument that couples experience. In any case, the economic problems the world face today can easily be a cause of a major war. Europe and the U.S. are spending far more than they can economically support. This has to lead to some type of major correction. The problem once again is how long? And this assumes that things keep going the way they are currently. After all, we do have a choice and can correct many things. I don’t believe that human nature will allow us to make the choices that we need to make. Just look at France and Greece. I am just as human as you are. I can be wrong about this. But if I am correct, it may still take years before the conditions reach critical mass. I still believe that the shit will hit the fan before 2017, but it could be 2020 for all that I know. Again, assuming that things keep going the way they are going today. In summary, build and maintain emergency supplies and planning. My wife and I attempt to inventory our supplies at least once a year. Twice a year is even better. We also attempt to make at least one move a month. Purchase an extra container of propane, or change a habit. Like keeping your keys on you at all times, just in case. If you take small steps on a consistent basis, you will be far better prepared than most people. Just like a fire, it just may make the difference of survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment