Sunday, February 28, 2010

Islam causes wars: Reason number 4


Many Muslims believe that Jihad is an internal struggle. This is supposedly the ‘greater Jihad’. However, historically this has not been the case. "Jihad has been most commonly interpreted as ARMED struggle for the advancement or defense of Muslim power." (B. Lewis)
The Koran mentions Jihad in the context of ‘internal’ struggle in about 5% to 10% of the references concerning Jihad. The other 90% concern armed Jihad and warfare. In addition, the reward for Jihad is booty in this world and paradise in the next. Booty was generally how armies were paid until the rise of the nation-state and professional armies. Jihad may have been intended to be an internal struggle, but it is also a foreign policy. This can and has caused wars.

Waging of war is the responsibility of governments, not ‘religion’. Again, wars are fought over issues like this one. The ‘terrorist’ organizations of today are in fact the Islamic ‘army’ in action. They are already at war against us. (The U.S. and Israel are the biggest targets) In fact, the Nation of Islam is at war against ALL modern government. Better healthcare and better economic opportunities are not going to defeat this ‘army’, nor will they win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment