Followers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Deals with terrorists

In my last post, I made it clear that no deals should be struck with Islamic terrorist organizations. (Or any terrorist organization) This is a general rule that I would follow under no exceptions that I can think of. Exceptions may exist, I just don’t see any at this time.

Generally, I admire the way that Israel deals with terrorism. A couple of weeks ago, Israel made a deal with Hezbollah to exchange five prisoners that were in Israeli jails for two dead Israeli soldiers. I do not understand the deal. However, I do not live there. I don’t know many of the facets of the Arab-Israeli relationship. I still disagree with the idea. Because I favor the general Israeli handling of terrorist issues, I am willing to accept it. Pakistan is a different situation entirely.

I am NOT willing to accept the government of Pakistan making deals with the Taliban because Pakistan has a history of overt support of the Taliban and it’s ideology. Not only is a large portion of the population of Pakistan in favor of many of the Talibans ideas, many people within the government of Pakistan are also in favor of much of what the Taliban stand for. This is why I feel it is so important to keep such a close eye on Pakistan.

1 comment:

  1. Israel also supports the idea of not dealing with terrorists, but as a Jewish state however live is more important than everything else and death - nothing is more important than to bury the loved ones.
    Even if this happens at such a high price.

    ReplyDelete