Followers

Monday, March 17, 2008

War in Iraq

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were listening to NPR. An expert on the Middle East was being interviewed. He had all of these complex explanations about the problems there. Half the time, I had no idea what he was talking about. Then the interviewer asked him: "Since 9/11, why has the U.S. not been hit again?" His reply was "I don’t know". My wife said, "You have got to be kidding!" "It’s because of the war in Iraq!" I replied that either he doesn’t have a clue (Which I find hard to believe) or else he just does not want to see it. The "Fog of War" makes it easier to see what you want to see. It also makes it easier to not see what you do not want to see. If you believe that all the war in Iraq is doing is stirring up trouble in an otherwise peaceful area, then you would not connect the two, for they are unrelated.

This view fails to recognize that what has changed is that terrorist ideology is now in a position where they MUST attack us in a location of our choosing. This is ALWAYS desirable in any type of warfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment