Followers

Saturday, April 21, 2012

President Obama is creating non-moderate Republicans

The U.S. Senate, for the third year in a row, is not going to pass a budget. Never mind that having a budget is a legal requirement, but as they make the laws, I suppose that they don’t have to actually OBEY. (Please note: This is not exactly new) On another issue, President Obama is constantly blaming me and the people I support because they are preventing him from passing laws that he considers to be ‘doing the right thing’. Just in case President Obama does not know this: This is EXACTLY how our system is supposed to work. When the opposing party controls the U.S. House of Representatives, you will have to work WITH them, not against them. And President Obama blames them (And me) for not being ‘moderate’ and working with HIM. Normally, I would agree. But President Obama is not a normal Democrat. A normal Democrat like President Clinton or President Carter would have understood that the loss of the U.S. House of Representatives entails a shift to the right in order to get anything done. In fact, President Clinton did just that. And President Clinton did not shove the Health Care bill down our throats when he had the chance. So we Republicans (And conservatives) could actually work WITH him. And we did. After all, we Republicans like to ‘make a deal’. I would like for our country to pass a budget. However, with President Obama in office, I would rather our country did without than work WITH him. What changed my mind? “We need to pass this bill so that YOU can find out what is in it.” This was the rationale for the passing of the Health Care bill that was being so fiercely resisted, much in the way that it was fought in 1994 and the fight against Social Security reform in the 1980’s and again under President George W. Bush. This is what President Obama does when he has enough power to do what he wants. He does it anyway simply because “It is the right thing to do”. So when the tables are reversed, what does he do? When he does not have enough power or control, does he compromise? Just look at how much his position has changed since the 2010 elections. Has he shifted to the right anything like President Clinton? (Or a host of Republicans since the 1930’s who have had to make deals with a Democrat controlled Congress AND Senate) No, he blames them and me that he can’t do what he believes “to be the right thing to do”. I thought he was going to ’reach across the aisle’ and ‘get everyone working together’. I have noticed a strange thing about accusations. They do tend to tell more about the accuser than the accused. So when President Obama calls Republicans (And me) stubborn and not moderate, he is only telling me what I already know: That is EXACTLY what he himself is. And no way will I favor ANY deal with him unless it is EXACTLY what I want. And I really don’t give a damn what he wants or what he believes to be ‘the right thing to do’. Now I am also not moderate. Just like him. (I am lucky, I will likely remain this way only until he is gone. After all, I am married to a Democrat. I am also certain that he is stuck this way for life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment