Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dangerous times

The U.S. Congress and President Obama overrode the U.S. public when they passed Health Care reform. I am certain that the motivation was that this is in the best interest of the country. The health care system in the U.S. was in such a state that desperate situations call for desperate measures. Seeing as the health care in the U.S. is the finest in the world, I see this view as being extreme. I have noticed in many of President Obama’s views, he is not anywhere near what I consider to be moderate.

I view politics as a pendulum. The public swings back and forth, preferably more in the middle. The great dangers lie in the extreme. A swing to the far left (As I see we are in today) would naturally be followed by an extreme swing to the right. I can see that if Republicans became a substantial majority, they could now pass a law that would privatize Social Security because it is in the national best interest. How about privatizing the Postal Service? Even though I believe that these would be in the national best interest, the extreme swing would NOT. I believe that change of this type is neither healthy nor good for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment