Followers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Dangerous times

The U.S. Congress and President Obama overrode the U.S. public when they passed Health Care reform. I am certain that the motivation was that this is in the best interest of the country. The health care system in the U.S. was in such a state that desperate situations call for desperate measures.

I view politics as a pendulum. The public swings back and forth, preferably more in the middle. I would expect that if Republicans became a substantial majority, they could now pass a law that would privatize Social Security because it is in the national best interest. And toss in the Postal Service. In other words, I expect that the pendulum would swing back to the FAR right. I do not believe that this change is healthy nor good for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment