Followers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama

I do not envy our new President. He inherits a difficult situation both domestically and concerning foreign affairs. Both the U.S. and much of the developed world are struggling economically. Seeing as my focus is warfare, our new President has difficult challenges regarding successful prosecution of the ‘war on terror’. He does have a short-term advantage in that the ‘honeymoon’ period will enable him to be the most effective he can be from today until at most 6 months from now. After that, fulfilling his agenda can be expected to be more difficult.

Politics aside, I am hoping that he is successful in attacking our enemies. I differ from him in a number of important respects, based upon what he has said during the campaign. However, he may not follow through in a way that I expect and he may be more effective than I believe he will be. On top of this, he may be correct and I can easily be wrong about any number of things. I will be watching and commenting with my analysis of his actions concerning the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment